Yamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
The Yamaha FZ25 has just won the India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018. Previously, Yamaha India has won the same for the Cygnus Ray ZR that was designed by Yasuhiro Kinoshita and also the Yamaha YZF-R3 in 2017, designed by Hirotoshi Noguchi. The India Design Mark (I Mark) is conferred by the Indian Design Council that is an autonomous body of Indian government operating under the department of Industrial policy and promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
Commenting on the achievement, Roy Kurian, senior vice president, Sales & Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said, "Yamaha is excited to be honoured by industry's one of the most coveted recognitions, 'India Design Mark'. The brand always strives to bring the most innovative and stylish products to its consumers and this certification have further induced Yamaha's zeal to cater to its patrons with exciting products that revs heart for its excellence in design, style and comfort."
The Yamaha FZ 25 was launched in India in January 2017 at Rs 1.19 lakh, ex-Delhi. The Blue Core-enabled two-valve SOHC engine makes 20.9PS at 8,000rpm and a torque of 20Nm at 6,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Yamaha claims that the motorcycle will deliver a fuel efficiency of 43kmpl. The kerb weight of the Yamaha FZ25 is 148kg. The Yamaha FZ 25 competed with the likes of Bajaj Pulsar 200NS, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, KTM 200 Duke and the Bajaj Dominar 400
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Starts Rs 1,48,043
Starts Rs 1,48,160
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 3,48,000
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories