Yamaha FZ25 and Fazer 25 recalled in India
Yamaha India has voluntarily recalled the FZ25 and Fazer 25 motorcycles in India. The company stated that this voluntary recall is being undertaken to address an issue related to head cover bolt loosening. A total of 23,897 motorcycles, which include 21,640 units of FZ 25 and 2,257 units of Fazer 25 manufactured from January 2017 will be a part of this recall in India.
Yamaha India states that the affected motorcycles will be repaired free of cost at any of the Yamaha authorized dealers and the owners will be contacted individually. We did reach out to Yamaha India to find out if the company has received any complaints or reporting of any incidents due to the loosening of the head cover bolt. The loosening of the bolt might cause drop in compression and also severe damage to the engine. We recommend all the FZ25 and Fazer 25 customers to visit their nearest dealership to check if their motorcycle is among the affected models.
The Yamaha FZ25 was launched in January 2017 at Rs 1.19 lakh, ex-Delhi. The Yamaha Fazer 25 that is the fully-faired version of the FZ25 was launched in August 2017 at Rs 1.28 lakh, ex-Mumbai. This price was Rs 10,000 more than the FZ25. Apart from the fairing, the Yamaha Fazer 25 also received two new colour schemes.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Starts Rs 1,29,335
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works