Yamaha FZ25 and Fazer 25 recalled in India
Yamaha India has voluntarily recalled the FZ25 and Fazer 25 motorcycles in India. The company stated that this voluntary recall is being undertaken to address an issue related to head cover bolt loosening. A total of 23,897 motorcycles, which include 21,640 units of FZ 25 and 2,257 units of Fazer 25 manufactured from January 2017 will be a part of this recall in India.
Yamaha India states that the affected motorcycles will be repaired free of cost at any of the Yamaha authorized dealers and the owners will be contacted individually. We did reach out to Yamaha India to find out if the company has received any complaints or reporting of any incidents due to the loosening of the head cover bolt. The loosening of the bolt might cause drop in compression and also severe damage to the engine. We recommend all the FZ25 and Fazer 25 customers to visit their nearest dealership to check if their motorcycle is among the affected models.
The Yamaha FZ25 was launched in January 2017 at Rs 1.19 lakh, ex-Delhi. The Yamaha Fazer 25 that is the fully-faired version of the FZ25 was launched in August 2017 at Rs 1.28 lakh, ex-Mumbai. This price was Rs 10,000 more than the FZ25. Apart from the fairing, the Yamaha Fazer 25 also received two new colour schemes.
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 1,43,680
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!