Yamaha FZ25 and Fazer 25 recalled over faulty head cover bolt
Yamaha Motorcycles India has issued a recall for its FZ25 and the Fazer 25. The recall is in regard to a faulty engine head cover bolt that needs to be tightened to a certain torque. The bolt may come loose after prolonged use which could possibly result in mechanical failure. Yamaha dealers will contact individual customers to get the bolt tightened at Yamaha's authorized service station free of cost. However, visiting the nearest Yamaha service center at earliest comes highly recommended.
The recall has been issued for motorcycles produced since June 2018 and Yamaha has manufactured a total of 13,348 units - 12,620 units of FZ 25 and 728 units of the Fazer 25. The Yamaha FZ25 and the Fazer 25 are essentially the same motorcycles, though the former one sports street naked styling and the latter one is for customers opting for a faired motorcycle.
Mechanically, both the motorcycles are equipped with a single-cylinder 250cc, oil-cooled, engine that makes 20.9PS at 8,000rpm and generate a torque of 20Nm at a peak engine speed of 6,000rpm. Both the motorcycles get a 5-speed gearbox. The prices for the Fazer 25 start at Rs 1.34 lakh and the Fazer 25 retails at Rs 1.44 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
Once both the motorcycles are BSVI compliant, expect a hike on the current prices.
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 1,43,680
Starts Rs 1,36,000
- NewsBSVI Bajaj CT and Platina priced at Rs 40,794 and Rs 47,264 respectively
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hero Pleasure+ 110 vs Honda Activa 6G vs TVS Jupiter
- NewsFourth-generation Audi A8 L to be launched in India on February 3
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV launched in India, prices start at Rs 73.7 lakh
- NewsUnion Budget 2020 expectation: Removal of GST on Royalty payments to government, Vilas S Tawde, Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production