Yamaha FZ25 launched in India at Rs 1.19 lakh
Yamaha has launched the 250cc FZ in India at Rs 1.19 lakh, ex-Delhi. The Yamaha FZ25 street fighter motorcycle is available in three colours - Blue, White and Black. The motorcycle is made in India at the company's Surajpur plant.
The 250cc market while new for India has been in use in another markets namely Japan. The Blue Core-enabled two-valve SOHC engine makes 20.9PS@8,000rpm and torque of 20Nm@6,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Yamaha claims that the motorcycle will deliver a fuel efficiency of 43kmpl. The kerb weight of the Yamaha FZ25 is 148kg.
The motorcycle looks similar to the FZ16 but has a more beefed look. It has a full LED headlamp and taillamp. The LCD meter console is new and has the usual tell tale lights along with an average fuel consumption analysis. The mirrors look similar to the ones on the MT-03. The 14l fuel tank looks chiselled and also has extensions. The overall length is slightly longer than the FZ16 at 2015mm and has a seat height of 795mm. The ground clearance is 160mm. Stopping power is via a 282mm front and 220mm rear disc brake. There is no ABS at the moment but Yamaha says that they are ready should there be a demand for the same. Suspension is via hydraulic dampers at the front and a pre-load adjustable monoshock at the rear.
Yamaha aims to move around 4,000 units each month of the FZ25. The motorcycle will be in showrooms in a few weeks time and will be competing with the Pulsar 200NS, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, KTM 200 Duke and the Bajaj Dominar 400.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Starts Rs 1,48,043
Starts Rs 1,48,160
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?