Yamaha FZS-FI gets a rear disc brake
Yamaha India has launched a refreshed version of its best-seller, the FZS-FI, equipped with a 220mm rear disc brake to celebrate ten years of its success in the Indian market. The bike was originally launched in 2008 as the FZ-16, and completes ten years of existence this year and is by far one of Yamaha's most successful motorcycles in India. The past decade has thus had the FZ contribute to Yamaha India's sales significantly and it is also arguably one of the most successful 150cc nakeds on sale in the country. As part of the latest update the FZS-FI also sports a revised paint scheme and redesigned rear mirrors. The rear disc brake equipped Yamaha FZS-FI has been priced at Rs 86,042 ex-showroom New Delhi.
The Yamaha FZS-FI is now equipped with a rear disc brake, a feature that is now standard in the 150cc segment
The addition of the rear disc brake is the only mechanical change though and the rest of the motorcycle is the same as before. Just to remind you, the Yamaha FZS-FI is 149cc, air-cooled single cylinder engine producing 13.2PS and 12.8Nm and as the name suggests, is the fuel-injected version of the motorcycle. The FZ's engine has always been one of its biggest draws, particularly thanks to its refinement and strong midrange punch that makes it well suited to commuting in city traffic. The update has been effected to bring the FZS-FI in line with its competitors, such as the Honda CB Hornet 160R, Suzuki Gixxer and the Bajaj Pulsar 150. Styling is getting a little long in the tooth though, and we're hoping the next update will see the bike get a comprehensive design change.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Starts Rs 85,234
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300