Yamaha inaugurates Yamaha Training School in New Delhi
Yamaha Motors Pvt. Ltd. (YMPL) has inaugurated its 22nd Yamaha Training School (YTS) at the Don Bosco Yuva Kendra (DBYK) at Nangloi Road, Najafgarh in New Delhi. Yamaha and DBYK share the vision to create a two-wheeler technical training centre for youngsters. These newly trained technicians will further get dissolved in the company itself and be appointed at different Yamaha dealerships across India.
Speaking on the occasion, Masaki Asano, MD, YMPL, said, "The existing skills gap in the industry can be reduced by imparting technical training to younger generations as India is on its way to becoming an economic powerhouse. Yamaha as a brand catering to youngsters has addressed the matter with great responsibility."
Yamaha also plans to initiate government and private partnerships as a part of its corporate social responsibility and involve reputed NGOs in the process to launch Yamaha Training School and Yamaha Technical Academy.
Further explaining Yamaha's vision, Ravinder Singh, VP, strategy and planning, YMPL, said, "As an exclusive and trusted brand, Yamaha shoulders the responsibility to empower the relatively indigent youngsters of the society. MoU with Don Bosco Yuva Kendra was signed in order to develop a synergetic partnership and thereby providing help to the deserving students to find employment in the automobile sector after the course on technical training. Yamaha has also signed an MoU with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Government of India last year under which certification will be provided by the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT), which is a national recognition for such endeavors and in sync with the national agendas like 'Skill India' and 'Make in India'."
- FeaturesBean counters: Observations from the 2018 Rally of Chikmagalur
- NewsINRC 2019: Champions Group announced as new promoters for national rally championship beginning 2019
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range