Yamaha India launches disc brake equipped Cygnus Alpha at Rs 52,556
Yamaha India has launched a disc brake equipped variant of the Cygnus Alpha scooter in India at Rs 52,556 (ex-Delhi). The scooter will be available at Yamaha dealerships across India by mid-June The scooter also gets two new dual tone colour options-Radiant Cyan and Marvel Black along with new graphics. The mirrors are similar to the one's on the Fascino.
This Cygnus Ray continues to use the 113cc, four-stroke engine that develops 7.1PS at 7,500 rpm and 8.1Nm at 5,000 rpm. The engine features Yamaha's Blue Core technology that promises increased combustion efficiency, cooling efficiency and reduced power loss.
Speaking at the launch of the new variant, Roy Kurian, vice president, Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Private Limited said, "The scooter market has witnessed rapid growth in the last few years and Yamaha has been able to make steady inroad in this segment. Yamaha is looking at reaching a 10 per cent market share by the end of this year and the introduction of this latest variant of the Cygnus Alpha scooter is expected to further propel its growth in the segment. This latest offering with disc brake is aimed at families who want that additional safety feature."
The new Cygnus Alpha uses the same blacked out alloy wheels and disc brake that's seen on the recently launched Yamaha Ray ZR. The addition of the disc brake is a noteworthy as even the best set drum brake cannot match the stopping power of a disc brake.
Starts Rs 51,672
Starts Rs 50,817
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like