Yamaha India launches new color option for the FZ-S, Saluto RX and Ray ZR
Yamaha has introduced a new colour option for the Yamaha FZ-S FI, Yamaha Saluto RX and Yamaha Cygnus Ray ZR in India. The new colour scheme, called the 'Dark Night', employs a matte black paint-job with highlights and inserts finished in chrome. These variants cost Rs 1,000 more than their respective standard variants.
There are no significant changes to the FZ apart from the paint scheme
The black colour of the FZ-S FI is priced at Rs 84,012 ex-Maharashtra. The FZ-S FI is powered by a 149cc engine that produces 13.2PS and 12.8Nm, same as the standard variants. It is mated to a 5-speed transmission.
Yamaha's 110cc offering, the Saluto RX, too gets the new black paint scheme. Buyers though will have to shell out Rs 1,000 more than what they will pay for the other colours
The Yamaha Saluto RX is the only one to feature the new paint scheme in the Saluto range. The Dark Night Saluto RX costs Rs 49,021 ex-Maharashtra. A 7.5PS/8.5Nm 110cc engine does duty in the Saluto RX. The gearbox is a 4-speed unit.
Launched at the Auto Expo 2016, the Ray ZR, amongst the Yamaha scooter lot, gets this new black paint scheme. The Ray ZR is the only Yamaha scooter in India to offer a front disc brake. It runs the familiar 113cc engine from the Ray
Yamaha Cygnus Ray ZR gets the Dark Night paint job which is exclusive to the disc brake variant. It is priced at Rs 58,000 ex-Maharashtra. It is powered by a 113cc engine that produces 7.2PS and 8.1Nm and is mated to a CVT. This scooter get the disc brake only at the front.
Given the onset of festive season and recent launches by Yamaha, the move to refresh the existing range seems just about right.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Starts Rs 56,384
Starts Rs 47,721
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles