Yamaha MT-15 teased: Launch on March 15
Yamaha MT-15 has been teased on the company's official social network platform. The teaser video gives a glimpse of the upcoming street naked motorcycle which has been nicknamed The Dark Warrior. The bookings for the same had begun early last month and the motorcycle was spotted at a dealership ahead of its official launch on March 15.
The Yamaha MT-15 sports the family design and has an aggressive styling character. The bike is essentially a YZF-R15 V3 without the fairing, however, the rider's triangle is upright, in comparison to the more committed, race bike position of the R15.
The bike in the teaser sports a matte blue colour and gets highlights on the fuel tank and the alloy wheels. The MT-15's headlamp is designed in a three-part layout, with the LED position lights flanking the centrally mounted, single projector beam headlamp.
Powering the 2019 MT-15 is the same 155cc motor, seen on the YZF-R15 V3, which produces 19.3PS of power and 14.7Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a six-speed gearbox. The bike will also borrow the cycle parts from the YZF-R15 V3 such as the conventional telescopic fork, and a 282mm disc brake up front and the bike will be equipped with a dual-channel ABS system as well.
The India-spec MT-15 misses out on the upside-down forks seen on the version sold internationally, as also the aluminium swingarm and will be equipped with a box-type swingarm instead.
We expect the 2019 Yamaha MT-15 to be priced close to Rs 1.20 lakh mark, ex-showroom. Post the launch of the Japanese street naked motorcycle will rival the KTM 125 Duke, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 1,38,041
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 1,24,000
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!