Yamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
The Yamaha Niken in an interesting looking three-wheeler that the was first showcased at last year's Tokyo Motor Show. Yamaha has now launched the Niken in the UK at £13,499 that makes it approximately Rs 12.32 lakh, excluding the tax and import duties. Interested customers can book the Yamaha Niken online and then visit their nearest Yamaha dealerships in 14 days to complete the purchase. We believe the deliveries of the Yamaha Niken will begin in the UK in the next couple of months.
The Yamaha Niken is powered by a 847 cc, 3-cylinder engine that makes 115PS and 87.5Nm, similar to the Yamaha
Yamaha refers to the Niken as a Large Leaning Multi Wheel (LMW), since it features two wheels up front and one at the rear. While three-wheelers are not a new concept, it is the lean function that makes the Yamaha Niken stand out. The Niken features two 15-inch wheels at the front, each sprung by two tandem upside down forks. It has a wide front face that is part sportsbike and part quad fender. The Yamaha Niken comes powered by a water-cooled inline three-cylinder engine with four valves.
The Yamaha Niken is powered by a 847 cc, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that makes 115PS at 10,000 rpm and generates 87.5Nm at 8,500 rpm and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The Yamaha Niken is 885mm wide. Yamaha claims that the LMW setup results in a sense of stability when cornering irrespective of changing road surfaces. Its promo video shows a man who crafts some high tech skis which he then takes to a winding tarmac road, where it transforms in the Yamaha Niken.
Coming to the main question if Yamaha India will ever launch the Niken here? Given how Yamaha is more focussed towards its entry and the 250cc range compared to its big bike line-up, we don't see the Yamaha Niken coming to India anytime soon.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise