Yamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
The Yamaha Niken in an interesting looking three-wheeler that the was first showcased at last year's Tokyo Motor Show. Yamaha has now launched the Niken in the UK at £13,499 that makes it approximately Rs 12.32 lakh, excluding the tax and import duties. Interested customers can book the Yamaha Niken online and then visit their nearest Yamaha dealerships in 14 days to complete the purchase. We believe the deliveries of the Yamaha Niken will begin in the UK in the next couple of months.
The Yamaha Niken is powered by a 847 cc, 3-cylinder engine that makes 115PS and 87.5Nm, similar to the Yamaha
Yamaha refers to the Niken as a Large Leaning Multi Wheel (LMW), since it features two wheels up front and one at the rear. While three-wheelers are not a new concept, it is the lean function that makes the Yamaha Niken stand out. The Niken features two 15-inch wheels at the front, each sprung by two tandem upside down forks. It has a wide front face that is part sportsbike and part quad fender. The Yamaha Niken comes powered by a water-cooled inline three-cylinder engine with four valves.
The Yamaha Niken is powered by a 847 cc, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that makes 115PS at 10,000 rpm and generates 87.5Nm at 8,500 rpm and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The Yamaha Niken is 885mm wide. Yamaha claims that the LMW setup results in a sense of stability when cornering irrespective of changing road surfaces. Its promo video shows a man who crafts some high tech skis which he then takes to a winding tarmac road, where it transforms in the Yamaha Niken.
Coming to the main question if Yamaha India will ever launch the Niken here? Given how Yamaha is more focussed towards its entry and the 250cc range compared to its big bike line-up, we don't see the Yamaha Niken coming to India anytime soon.
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend