Yamaha R15 Version 2.0 launched in India with two new colours at Rs 1.17 lakh
Yamaha has launched the R15 Version 2.0 in two new colours in India - this is the company's new scheme for attracting customers ahead of Holi. The new colours, GP Blue and Streaking Cyan, are available across all Yamaha India dealerships at a price of Rs 1.17 lakh which is Rs 3,000 more than the regular variants, ex-showroom Delhi.
The Yamaha R15 Version 2.0 has received no mechanical updates since its launch in 2011, the only changes being new colour schemes and graphics. However, last year when the new colours were introduced by the company, dealers also claimed that the updates included a new O2 sensor, better throttle response and some mechanical changes.
While pre-2014 R15s are available for test rides, dealerships have been asked specifically to not offer the ones with the new colour schemes as test ride motorcycles - which, in our opinion, is absurd. This new update of the R15 continues without any mechanical changes - it's powered by the same 17PS/15Nm liquid cooled 150cc engine mated to a 6-speed transmission retained from the older model. Expect a major update to the motorcycle sometime later this year or in early 2016.
Speaking on the occasion, Roy Kurian, vice president sales and marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt Ltd said, "Yamaha R15 is a pure sports vehicle designed especially for racing enthusiasts so that they can experience the power and passion that a sportsbike has to offer. The racing DNA, sporty look and superior technology have been synonymous with the R15. While, the core concept of R15 remains the same, with these new colours we strive to continuously interact and excite our target audiences. As we launch the R15 Version 2.0 in 2 new avatars, we are again very confident that this new introduction will help to keep our target audiences absolutely delighted."
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh