Yamaha Ray, FZ-S and Fazer discontinued in India
Yamaha have discontinued the Ray scooter in India. Yamaha have also pulled the plug on the carburetted FZ-S and its semi-faired cousin, the Fazer. All these vehicles have also been removed from the company's website.
Yamaha's new lifestyle scooter, the Fascino is said to be the reason behind discontinuing the Ray. The Yamaha Fascino while being more expensive than the Ray is also more desirable and ranks high on the customer's preferences. The Ray was also Yamaha's first scooter in the Indian market. Its more flashier sibling, the Ray Z continues as of now. At the Auto Expo 2016, Yamaha showcased the new Ray ZR which while continuing with the same Blue Core 113cc engine, has an optional disc brake in the front. It also comes in an alloy wheel trim. The scooter will be launched in India in a couple of months.
The Yamaha FZ, the base carburetted unit in the meanwhile is still on sale. An insider tells us that the new FZ and FZ-S are doing quite well in the market and was the reason behind discontinuation of the carb equivalents. The Ray Z which is a smidgen more expensive than the Ray still continues to be on sale.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 54,593
Starts Rs 95,000
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani