Yamaha Saluto RX launched in India at Rs 46,400
Yamaha India has launched an all-new commuter motorcycle, the Saluto RX at Rs 46,400 ex-Delhi. This commuter is targeted at the rural youth in India under the age group of 30 years. The name has been derived from Yamaha's 125cc commuter, the Saluto and from the legendary RX.
The new Yamaha Saluto RX is an all-new 2-valve 110cc 4-stroke single cylinder motorcycle. The motorcycle makes 7.5PS of power and a peak torque of 8.5Nm, and is mated to a 4-speed transmission. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 82kmpl from the Saluto RX. The Yamaha Saluto RX boasts a telescopic front fork along with coil springs at the rear. The front tyre size is 2.75-17 41P and the rear is 3.00-17 50P. Both the tyres are tube types. Yamaha offers 130mm drum brakes on both ends. Kerb weight of the Saluto RX is 98kg, lighter by approximately 22kg than the company's previous 110 models. The chassis, Yamaha says is all new, is inspired by the Saluto 125's body.
Yamaha has discontinued the Crux motorcycle and expects the Saluto RX to do around 60,000 units a year. Yamaha expects the Saluto RX to contribute to around seven per cent of the overall sales. The Saluto RX goes head-on with the Honda Dream Neo and TVS Star City +.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium