Yamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
A prototype of the Yamaha Tenere 700 has been spotted undergoing tests. The Yamaha Tenere 700 prototype has been spied under complete camouflage in Milan, Italy. The upcoming Yamaha Tenere 700 is based on the Yamaha T7 concept which was first showcased in the same city during the 2016 EICMA. The T7 concept was further developed into the Tenere 700 World Raid prototype, which was subsequently showcased at the 2017 EICMA. The bike pictured in the latest spy shots appears to be an advanced prototype of the Yamaha Tenere 700. The new Tenere 700 engine is based on the Yamaha MT-07.
The Yamaha MT-07 features a 689cc parallel twin engine producing 76PS and 68Nm. These figures may not change much when the same engine powers the Tenere 700. From what we see in the shots, the prototype sports a 21-inch front wheel along with long travel suspension. However, the seat height looks to be more manageable than on other similar adventure tourer models, which will make it accessible to a variety of riders.
Where the Tenere also sets itself apart is its slim body styling. This will ensure a non-imposing presence that will appeal to newbies and seasoned riders alike. The T7 concept was initially aimed as being an homage to Yamaha's original Dakar Rally bikes.
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car