Yamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
A prototype of the Yamaha Tenere 700 has been spotted undergoing tests. The Yamaha Tenere 700 prototype has been spied under complete camouflage in Milan, Italy. The upcoming Yamaha Tenere 700 is based on the Yamaha T7 concept which was first showcased in the same city during the 2016 EICMA. The T7 concept was further developed into the Tenere 700 World Raid prototype, which was subsequently showcased at the 2017 EICMA. The bike pictured in the latest spy shots appears to be an advanced prototype of the Yamaha Tenere 700. The new Tenere 700 engine is based on the Yamaha MT-07.
The Yamaha MT-07 features a 689cc parallel twin engine producing 76PS and 68Nm. These figures may not change much when the same engine powers the Tenere 700. From what we see in the shots, the prototype sports a 21-inch front wheel along with long travel suspension. However, the seat height looks to be more manageable than on other similar adventure tourer models, which will make it accessible to a variety of riders.
Where the Tenere also sets itself apart is its slim body styling. This will ensure a non-imposing presence that will appeal to newbies and seasoned riders alike. The T7 concept was initially aimed as being an homage to Yamaha's original Dakar Rally bikes.
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories