Yamaha to launch YXZ1000R SS in North American market
Yamaha is set to launch the YXZ1000R SS, its newest side-by-side (or recreational off-highway vehicle as Yamaha calls it) in the North American market at $20,599 (Rs 13.71 lakh). With a launch date somewhere in July 2016, the two-seater off-road vehicle will be manufactured in the US by the Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America.
The YZX1000R SS is based on the base YXZ1000R and features a few additional features that would appeal to the enthusiasts. It's powered by a 998cc inline-3 petrol engine which is mated to a 5-speed semi-automatic transmission, which is operated by good ol' flappy paddles behind the steering wheel. The shifter tech is the same that features on Yamaha's high-end bikes. Power is sent to the rear wheels with 4-wheel drive on demand. The YXZ1000R SS also comes with launch control, as seen on other high-performance vehicles.
Along with the YXZ1000R SS, Yamaha is also offering the even more hardcore YXZ1000R SS SE which features 2.5 Podium X2 Shocks and a special paint scheme. This variant will sell for $22,399 (Rs 14.91 lakh). Yamaha plans to sell 10,000 units in the first year in the US market.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000