Yamaha Tricity 155 with Blue Core technology unveiled
The Yamaha Motor Corporation has introduced the new Tricity 155, scheduled to go on sale in Europe from September 2016. The three-wheeled (two upfront and one at the rear) commuter comes with Yamaha's LMW (Leaning Multi Wheel) technology that tilts the front wheels when cornering, akin to a bike, offering greater stability and feel. The Tricity 155 will be launched in Japan, post Europe and subsequently in Asia and other countries.
The Yamaha Tricity 155 gets a 155cc, single cylinder, four-stroke, four-valve, liquid-cooled engine that develops 15PS at 8,000rpm and 14.1Nm at 6,000rpm. The motor also gets Yamaha's Blue Core technology which the company claims offers the best mix of performance and fuel economy. The engine is mated to a V-belt automatic transmission. The chassis is all new with increased rigidity. Yamaha says the floorboard has been expanded to offer greater space. There's 23.5 litres of underseat storage with an accessories compartment that features a DC socket to charge electronic gadgets. In addition, there are stowage spaces at the top corners of the front apron. The seat height is 750mm. It comes with an LED headlight and tail lights with LED position lights too.
There's a telescopic suspension up front and dual shocks at the rear. The twin discs on the front wheels measure 220mm while the single unit at the rear is 230mm. There's a combined braking system (Unified Braking System in Yamaha speak) that applies both front and rear brakes at the same time. ABS is standard.
The Tricity 155 follows the Tricity 125 that was launched in Thailand and other markets subsequently. The Tricity 155 will be produced by the Thai arm of the Yamaha Motor Corporation. Is it coming to our shores? We hope so.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X