Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 gets dual-channel ABS at Rs 1.39 lakh, new colour
The third generation Yamaha YZF-R15 has been a significant sales success for Yamaha Motor India since its launch at the 2018 Auto expo. To help it meet upcoming safety regulations and improve the overall package, the company has now introduced dual-channel ABS.
The dual channel anti-lock braking system comes with adjustable fluid pressure which ensures immediate braking on slippery roads. The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 is also the first motorcycle in the 150c segment to get this safety equipment. A new Darknight colour option has been added to the line-up. This cost Rs 1.41 lakh while the existing Racing Blue and Thunder Grey colours are priced at Rs 1.39 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Other than this the YZF-R15 V3.0 remains unchanged. The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 per cent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 per cent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 per cent. The new R15 v3 borrows its styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
Starts Rs 1,27,000
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900