Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 gets dual-channel ABS at Rs 1.39 lakh, new colour
The third generation Yamaha YZF-R15 has been a significant sales success for Yamaha Motor India since its launch at the 2018 Auto expo. To help it meet upcoming safety regulations and improve the overall package, the company has now introduced dual-channel ABS.
The dual channel anti-lock braking system comes with adjustable fluid pressure which ensures immediate braking on slippery roads. The Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 is also the first motorcycle in the 150c segment to get this safety equipment. A new Darknight colour option has been added to the line-up. This cost Rs 1.41 lakh while the existing Racing Blue and Thunder Grey colours are priced at Rs 1.39 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Other than this the YZF-R15 V3.0 remains unchanged. The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 per cent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 per cent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 per cent. The new R15 v3 borrows its styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now.
Starts Rs 20,39,233
Starts Rs 1,45,300
- Review2020 Bajaj Dominar 250 road test review
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block