Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 bookings open in India ahead of Auto Expo 2018 launch
Yamaha India dealerships across the country have begun accepting bookings for the Yamaha YZF-R15 v3. The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 has been spied testing in the country on multiple occasions. The Yamaha YZF-R15 version 3.0 is expected to be launched at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo. While Yamaha has not officially announced the beginning of bookings, select dealers have begun accepting the same for a pre-booking amount of Rs 5,000. This indicates that the motorcycles are expected to reach dealerships soon. The Yamaha R15 v3 which will be launched here will have different specifications from the international version which was unveiled in Indonesia in January 2017. The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 is among the entry-level sportsbikes and cruisers expected to launch in India this year.
ABS will not be standard on this model to keep the price as close to the outgoing model as possible. As we noted earlier, ABS becomes mandatory for all new models in April 2018 and our source says the model will be on sale long before that deadline. Accounting for the bigger new engine and the right-side-up forks plus the new bodywork, Yamaha should be able to price the model within Rs 10,000 of the current price. That means an ex-showroom price, at the very maximum, of Rs 1.3 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- News2019 Datsun Redi-go gets enhanced safety features, prices start at Rs 2.79 lakh
- Review2019 Hero Xpulse 200 Road Test Review
- NewsFord India recalls the last-gen Ford Endeavour, Freestyle, Figo and Aspire
- NewsSpec Comparo: AMW CFMoto 300NK vs KTM 390 Duke vs Honda CB300R
- NewsImage Gallery: AMW CFMoto 300NK launched in India for Rs 2.29 lakh