Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 prices increased by Rs 2,000
Six months after the launch of the third generation Yamaha YZF-R15 V3, Yamaha Motor India has increased prices of the motorcycle by Rs 2,000. This means that the R15 V3 is now priced at Rs 1.27 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), up from the earlier Rs 1.25 lakh. No reasoning was given behind this price increase.
The seat of the Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 remains flat in contour but it's also flatter which means unlike the v2 you are not always sliding into the tank. Also makes it easier to move around when cornering
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 per cent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 per cent better than the previous bike.
The thrust from the engine means that unlike before you can use a higher gear at many places on the Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 without losing too much time
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 per cent. The new R15 v3 borrows its styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now. When compared to the Indonesian version, the Indian bike loses the upside down forks and grippier IRC tyres. It gets the simpler telescopic forks and MRF tyres to keep costs in check.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
Starts Rs 1,27,000
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live