Yokohama launches new all-terrain SUV tyre in India
Tyre maker Yokohama has launched a new all-terrain SUV tyre, the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 which will replace the Geolandar A/T-S G012. This tyre can be fitted to all types of SUVs by offering a large variety of available sizes. The launch of the G015 also coincides with the completion of 20 years of the Geolandar range in India. The Geolandar G015 has four main grooves and a redesigned shoulder. Yokohama claims to have used a triple polymer-based compound that increases the tire footprint. This also enhances the tyre's wet grip and resistance against uneven wear. The tread design pattern has been optimised to provide a comfortable ride with lower NVH levels than its predecessor, the company claims.
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is available for rim sizes measuring 15 to 18 inches and in 19 different sections. This means that the G015 can do duty on SUVs ranging from the compact Ford Ecosport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to big serious off-roaders like the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. Yokohama also claims that the Geolandar A/T G015 has approximately 15 per cent more tyre life than the G012 while costing just 3 per cent more.
While the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is an all-terrain tyre, Yokohama says it is slightly more inclined towards off-road performance without compromising on-road comfort. This tyre suits the needs of those SUV owners whose commute involves both on-road and off-road travel as well as those who drive in the city but don't mind the occasional weekend getaways.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing