Yokohama launches new all-terrain SUV tyre in India
Tyre maker Yokohama has launched a new all-terrain SUV tyre, the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 which will replace the Geolandar A/T-S G012. This tyre can be fitted to all types of SUVs by offering a large variety of available sizes. The launch of the G015 also coincides with the completion of 20 years of the Geolandar range in India. The Geolandar G015 has four main grooves and a redesigned shoulder. Yokohama claims to have used a triple polymer-based compound that increases the tire footprint. This also enhances the tyre's wet grip and resistance against uneven wear. The tread design pattern has been optimised to provide a comfortable ride with lower NVH levels than its predecessor, the company claims.
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is available for rim sizes measuring 15 to 18 inches and in 19 different sections. This means that the G015 can do duty on SUVs ranging from the compact Ford Ecosport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to big serious off-roaders like the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. Yokohama also claims that the Geolandar A/T G015 has approximately 15 per cent more tyre life than the G012 while costing just 3 per cent more.
While the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is an all-terrain tyre, Yokohama says it is slightly more inclined towards off-road performance without compromising on-road comfort. This tyre suits the needs of those SUV owners whose commute involves both on-road and off-road travel as well as those who drive in the city but don't mind the occasional weekend getaways.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US