Yokohama launches new all-terrain SUV tyre in India
Tyre maker Yokohama has launched a new all-terrain SUV tyre, the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 which will replace the Geolandar A/T-S G012. This tyre can be fitted to all types of SUVs by offering a large variety of available sizes. The launch of the G015 also coincides with the completion of 20 years of the Geolandar range in India. The Geolandar G015 has four main grooves and a redesigned shoulder. Yokohama claims to have used a triple polymer-based compound that increases the tire footprint. This also enhances the tyre's wet grip and resistance against uneven wear. The tread design pattern has been optimised to provide a comfortable ride with lower NVH levels than its predecessor, the company claims.
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is available for rim sizes measuring 15 to 18 inches and in 19 different sections. This means that the G015 can do duty on SUVs ranging from the compact Ford Ecosport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to big serious off-roaders like the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. Yokohama also claims that the Geolandar A/T G015 has approximately 15 per cent more tyre life than the G012 while costing just 3 per cent more.
While the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is an all-terrain tyre, Yokohama says it is slightly more inclined towards off-road performance without compromising on-road comfort. This tyre suits the needs of those SUV owners whose commute involves both on-road and off-road travel as well as those who drive in the city but don't mind the occasional weekend getaways.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India