2012 Maruti Swift Dzire first drive
Maruti revealed the new Swift Dzire at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida. And the new car is a looker compared to the outgoing model which was rather frumpy. A new front bumper with a wider smile, shorter boot (just 145mm longer than the Swift) and new tail lamps with chrome accent adding a little bling to the Dzire. Maruti claim that the car is all new from the A-pillar rearwards when compared to the new Swift that it is based on. This is down to improving passenger room and because of this the new Dzire is 25mm taller as well. Maruti has also managed to pull off an amazing feat by keeping the kerb weight the same as the Swift that it's based on. This combined with a wheelbase which is also the same as the award winning Swift means that we possibly could have one sweet handling car on our hands.
The Dzire will be available with two engine options; petrol and diesel, both the same as the ones available on the Swift. Also available will be two transmissions in the petrol; a 4-speed automatic transmission joining the regular 5 speed manual. Interiors are also the same as the Swift but for a two tone beige colour scheme adding a touch of class to the car.
The Petrol was a star by far on the track and the Dzire handles just as good as the swift, any difference would only be revealed by a true back to back track test of the two cars. Maruti have really created a car that has the potential to top the success of the outgoing version. Read more about this in our February issue.
The new Maruti Swift Dzire prices are as listed below:
|Variant||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)Price (ex-showroom, Mumbai)||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)|
|Lxi||Rs 4.79||Rs 5.04|
|Vxi||Rs 5.32||Rs 5.56|
|Vxi Auto||Rs 6.54||Rs 6.78|
|Zxi||Rs 6.19||Rs 6.46|
|Ldi||Rs 5.80||Rs 6.06|
|Vdi||Rs 6.31||Rs 6.56|
|Zdi||Rs 7.09||Rs 7.35|
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed