2012 Maruti Swift Dzire first drive
Maruti revealed the new Swift Dzire at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida. And the new car is a looker compared to the outgoing model which was rather frumpy. A new front bumper with a wider smile, shorter boot (just 145mm longer than the Swift) and new tail lamps with chrome accent adding a little bling to the Dzire. Maruti claim that the car is all new from the A-pillar rearwards when compared to the new Swift that it is based on. This is down to improving passenger room and because of this the new Dzire is 25mm taller as well. Maruti has also managed to pull off an amazing feat by keeping the kerb weight the same as the Swift that it's based on. This combined with a wheelbase which is also the same as the award winning Swift means that we possibly could have one sweet handling car on our hands.
The Dzire will be available with two engine options; petrol and diesel, both the same as the ones available on the Swift. Also available will be two transmissions in the petrol; a 4-speed automatic transmission joining the regular 5 speed manual. Interiors are also the same as the Swift but for a two tone beige colour scheme adding a touch of class to the car.
The Petrol was a star by far on the track and the Dzire handles just as good as the swift, any difference would only be revealed by a true back to back track test of the two cars. Maruti have really created a car that has the potential to top the success of the outgoing version. Read more about this in our February issue.
The new Maruti Swift Dzire prices are as listed below:
|Variant||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)Price (ex-showroom, Mumbai)||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)|
|Lxi||Rs 4.79||Rs 5.04|
|Vxi||Rs 5.32||Rs 5.56|
|Vxi Auto||Rs 6.54||Rs 6.78|
|Zxi||Rs 6.19||Rs 6.46|
|Ldi||Rs 5.80||Rs 6.06|
|Vdi||Rs 6.31||Rs 6.56|
|Zdi||Rs 7.09||Rs 7.35|
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'