2013 Audi R8 V10 in India driven
The R8 has always been one of the most gorgeous supercars and at first glance the new car looks almost the same. This isn't an all new car and Audi have only given it a few visual tweaks like the new LED head and tail lamps, new 19-inch weight saving wheels and new round exhaust pipes that replace the oval ones on the old car. The car overall now has a leaner and meaner stance than before. The biggest visual change is the the removal of the iconic side blades from the big air intakes along the side of the car.
The Lamborghini sourced V10 produces the same 525PS but the car is quicker now because Audi have replaced the car's old single clutch R tronic transmission with their Stronic dual clutch transmission. The old box was notorious for being grumpy and jerky at low revs. The S tronic box fixes all that while remaining blisteringly quick. Launch control helped us hit 100kmph in a scant 4.3 seconds while top speed lies north of 300kmph. This makes this one of the fastest cars we've ever tested on Indian soil.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Kia Sonet India unveil
- NewsAll-new Honda CBR600RR to be unveiled on August 21