2013 Audi R8 V10 in India driven
The R8 has always been one of the most gorgeous supercars and at first glance the new car looks almost the same. This isn't an all new car and Audi have only given it a few visual tweaks like the new LED head and tail lamps, new 19-inch weight saving wheels and new round exhaust pipes that replace the oval ones on the old car. The car overall now has a leaner and meaner stance than before. The biggest visual change is the the removal of the iconic side blades from the big air intakes along the side of the car.
The Lamborghini sourced V10 produces the same 525PS but the car is quicker now because Audi have replaced the car's old single clutch R tronic transmission with their Stronic dual clutch transmission. The old box was notorious for being grumpy and jerky at low revs. The S tronic box fixes all that while remaining blisteringly quick. Launch control helped us hit 100kmph in a scant 4.3 seconds while top speed lies north of 300kmph. This makes this one of the fastest cars we've ever tested on Indian soil.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India