2013 Audi R8 V10 in India driven
The R8 has always been one of the most gorgeous supercars and at first glance the new car looks almost the same. This isn't an all new car and Audi have only given it a few visual tweaks like the new LED head and tail lamps, new 19-inch weight saving wheels and new round exhaust pipes that replace the oval ones on the old car. The car overall now has a leaner and meaner stance than before. The biggest visual change is the the removal of the iconic side blades from the big air intakes along the side of the car.
The Lamborghini sourced V10 produces the same 525PS but the car is quicker now because Audi have replaced the car's old single clutch R tronic transmission with their Stronic dual clutch transmission. The old box was notorious for being grumpy and jerky at low revs. The S tronic box fixes all that while remaining blisteringly quick. Launch control helped us hit 100kmph in a scant 4.3 seconds while top speed lies north of 300kmph. This makes this one of the fastest cars we've ever tested on Indian soil.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- News2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October
- NewsBMW launches comprehensive service campaign before monsoon in India
- NewsToyota India to increase localisation of its version of the Brezza and Baleno to ensure competitive pricing
- NewsVideo worth watching: Ford Performance models on a race track
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki