2013 Audi R8 V10 in India driven
The R8 has always been one of the most gorgeous supercars and at first glance the new car looks almost the same. This isn't an all new car and Audi have only given it a few visual tweaks like the new LED head and tail lamps, new 19-inch weight saving wheels and new round exhaust pipes that replace the oval ones on the old car. The car overall now has a leaner and meaner stance than before. The biggest visual change is the the removal of the iconic side blades from the big air intakes along the side of the car.
The Lamborghini sourced V10 produces the same 525PS but the car is quicker now because Audi have replaced the car's old single clutch R tronic transmission with their Stronic dual clutch transmission. The old box was notorious for being grumpy and jerky at low revs. The S tronic box fixes all that while remaining blisteringly quick. Launch control helped us hit 100kmph in a scant 4.3 seconds while top speed lies north of 300kmph. This makes this one of the fastest cars we've ever tested on Indian soil.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review