Exclusive! 2013 Audi Q3 2.0 TFSI in India road test
In terms of styling, the SUV looks identical to the Q3 diesel except for the inclusion of newer design alloy wheels and TFSI badging. The turbocharged unit features direct injection and has an energy recovering start-stop system as standard. The engine is super silent and refined. It produces 211PS at 5000rpm and a healthy peak torque of 300Nm from as low as 1800rpm going all the way to 5000rpm. The engine is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. On the road, the SUV feels quick and nimble. A high power to weight ratio of 128.65PS/ton ensures the car rockets to 100kmph in just 7.54 seconds and max out at an indicated 218kmph. In terms of efficiency, the SUV returned 10.1kmpl in town and stretched to 16.9kmpl on the highway.The dual-clutch transmission offers quick shifts and feels seamless. There is hardly any turbo lag felt and the power delivery is very linear. This makes it very driveable in town and on the highway. The ride quality is impressive and the light steering ensures the driver is relaxed even after a long drive. The Q3 comes with a standard permanent all-wheel drive system that offers great grip around corners and helps in stability.
The petrol Q3 starts at Rs 27.37 lakh, ex-Maharashtra and goes on sale today.
Read the full road test report in the March 2013 issue, out on stands shortly.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire