Exclusive: All-new 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire initial drive review
Maruti Suzuki has launched the all-new 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire at Rs 5.45 lakh, ex-Delhi. There are 14 trims to choose from amongst the two variants (petrol and diesel). We have driven the automated manual transmission petrol variant of the all-new Maruti Suzuki Dzire in India. The engine options that are powering the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire remain unchanged when compared to the previous iteration of the compact sedan. However, the tuning is slightly different. The finer details of the same will be shared in our detailed 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire first drive review which is scheduled to happen in the next couple of days.
Inside, the new-gen Dzire gets a more premium cabin that is more appealing than the previous model. This can be seen with the quality of plastics and the upholstery. The overall cabin sound insulation is much better. The refinement of the 1.2-litre K-Series engine, which has always been a refined unit, has been upped further with new tuning. The AMT unit too has been improved that we had also experienced in the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
The intermittent time between the shifts have been reduced significantly, making the transmission smoother as well as more responsive than before. The transmission has its benefits while driving in the city as well on highways. We assume the same will be felt in the diesel AMT as well considering that Maruti Suzuki is believed to have updated the AMT software for their new-age offerings.
Overall, the new Maruti Suzuki Dzire feels more premium, the engine and the AMT units has been refined further, and the NVH levels have been significantly improved. The quality, fit and finish of the plastics as well as the switchgear are similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The all-new Maruti Suzuki Dzire will be sold through the company's regular dealerships but not through the more premium Nexa distribution network. The company is already positive about the compact sedan as it is one of the bestselling sedans for Maruti Suzuki. The carmaker is expecting huge volumes for the same.
All-new 2018 Maruti Suzuki Dzire initial drive video
2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire unveiled in India
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India