Pictorial comparo: Hyundai Elite i20 (India) vs Euro-spec i20
The i20 is manufactured by Hyundai at their plant in Chennai, India, and exported to quite a few markets around the world. While Hyundai India try their level best to give us a world-class car, the i20 sold in India differs from the one that is exported in a lot of ways. Most of them are purely cosmetic or slotted under creature comforts. The new i20, which was designed in Europe and then fine-tuned according to Europe and India separately, was launched in India on August 11, 2014 as the Elite i20. Here's a quick look at what differentiates the India-spec Elite i20 from its European counterpart:
The European i20 seems to sit slightly lower than the Indian model, thanks to better road conditions which remove the need for a higher ground clearance.
The headlamps with their swept-back design look great, but the European model gets projection beam lamps and LED parking and daytime running lights. On the outgoing i20, the LED DRLs were integrated within the fog-lamp assembly and Hyundai India started offering them as a standard fitment on the Sportz (O) trim. No word yet on the availability of LED DRLs on the Elite i20 though.
Notice the air-deflector under the front bumper of the Euro-spec i20. The Elite i20 doesn't get one.
The Euro-spec model also gets a panoramic sunroof, which can tilt or open completely.
Mysteriously, Hyundai claims that the European i20 gets 310-litres of boot space, with the seats sitting upright. The Elite i20 claims 285-litres.
There is no word yet from Hyundai on the creature comforts and feature list of the Euro-spec i20 as the model will make its commercial debut at the 2014 Paris Motor Show in October 2014. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming crossovers expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055