Spec comparison: Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 AMT vs Tata GenX Nano AMT
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the most successful cars for the Indian manufacturer and only recently in its history did the K10 meet a worthy competitor in the Hyundai Eon. However, it once again stepped up its game last October when it received a few updates and a new AMT-mated engine. And now, Tata joins this popular segment, equipping 'the world's cheapest car' with AMT transmission and reviving it as the GenX Nano.
The Tata GenX gets a refreshed face that was first seen on the Nano Twist Active Concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo
The new Tata GenX Nano then replaces the Alto K10 as the cheapest AMT you can buy in the country.
The new Nano with the AMT transmission gets cosmetic changes along with a 94-litre boot. The Tata is powered by a 624cc petrol engine making 38PS of power and 51Nm of torque mated to a 5-speed AMT which is built by Magneti Marelli. It also gets Creep function and a Sport mode. Tata claims that the AMT Nano returns a fuel efficiency of 21.9kmpl.
The Alto K10 has been untouched since October 2014 - It features an improved engine, better fuel efficiency, lower NVH, improved ride, new comfort features and added safety when compared to the earlier model. It also gets a 177 litre boot which isn't amazing, but when compared to the Nano's hatch, seems enormous. The 998cc K10 engine makes 68PS at at 6,000rpm which is decent when compared to the competition. It's also 15kg lighter than the older Alto which boosts the performance and efficiency. The Maruti also sources its transmission from Magneti Marelli.
The Alto K10 is priced at Rs 3.95 lakh ex-showroom Delhi and is almost a lakh more expensive than the GenX Nano which retails at Rs 2.89 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
If you're in the market for an entry level AMT vehicle, look out for our detailed comparison.
Spec comparison: Tata Nano AMT vs Maruti Alto K10 AMT
|Tata Nano AMT|
|Engine capacity (cc)||624cc 2-cylinder|
|Power to weight ratio||49.92PS/tonne|
|Fuel efficiency (claimed)||21.9kmpl|
|Top speed (kmph)||105 (claimed)|
|Dimensions (mm)||3099 x 1495 x 1652|
|Ground clearance (mm)||180|
|Price (ex- Mumbai)||Rs 3.13 lakh|
|Alto K10 AMT|
|Engine capacity (cc)||998 cc 3-cylinder|
|Power to weight ratio||90.06PS/tonne|
|Fuel efficiency (claimed)||24.07kmpl|
|Top speed (kmph)||NA|
|Dimensions (mm)||3545 x 1490 x 1475|
|Ground clearance (mm)||160|
|Disc brakes||Yes, front only|
|Price (ex- Mumbai)||Rs 4.22 lakh|
Starts Rs 3.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch