Spec comparo: Honda Navi vs Honda Dream Neo vs Honda Activa
Honda launched the Navi scooter at the 2016 Auto Expo. Priced at Rs 39,500, the Navi has been developed in-house at Honda India's R&D facility in Haryana and will also be manufactured there. Design wise, the Honda Navi looks unique and reminds of the Honda Grom Scrambler concept showcased at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. The Navi has a compact motorcycle like body made to fit on a scooter platform and it doesn't look out of place. Presently, the Navi doesn't have any competition in India. However, we take a look at how it fares against the Activa scooter and the Dream Neo motorcycle the Honda offerings in the two segments the Navi straddles.
The Honda Activa revived the scooter segment in India. With its dominating sales figures, it enjoys a reputation of being the highest selling scooter in the country. The Activa has been getting periodic updates, however, even the latest iteration doesn't look any different from the first generation model that was launched in the year 2000. Powering the Activa is a 109.2 cc motor that makes 8PS of power at 7,500 rpm and generates 8.83Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. It's this engine that powers the Navi.
The Dream Neo meanwhile is the brand's strong commuter offering. The motorcycle was received really well in rural as well as urban markets. A simple design with impressive build quality and higher fuel efficiency made the Dream Neo a popular choice of commuter. The Honda Dream Neo gets a 109.19cc motor that makes 8.25PS at 7,500 rpm and 8.63Nm at 5,500rpm.
The Honda Navi's unconventional styling is targeted at young, first time buyers looking for a trendy alternate to a scooter. The Honda Navi is longer and wider than the Activa at 1,805mm and 748mm respectively. The front gets a quirky looking, large headlight. It gets a 90/90 R12 tyre in the front and a 90/100 R10 tyre in the rear. Like the Activa, the Honda Navi too gets 130mm front and rear drum brakes. From what we saw at the Auto Expo, it seems that Honda will offer the Navi in bright colors along with a host of accessory options. Check out the first look of Honda Navi here
Should we be comparing the Navi to these? The problem of disruptive products is that they're hard to categorise. Let us know in the comments what you think about how the Navi, in spec and price, fits into the Indian market.
Starts Rs 42,391
Starts Rs 41,512
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover