Spec comparo: Mercedes-Benz GLC vs Audi Q5 vs BMW X3 vs Volvo XC60
Mercedes-Benz finally fills the gap between the GLA and GLE SUVs with an all-new model, the GLC. Since it's based on the C-Class, the SUV gets a similar character and slightly larger dimensions. However, now it does compare to its immediate rivals. The GLC 220d 4 MATIC goes up against the Audi Q5 30 TDI, BMW X3 xDrive20d and the Volvo XC60 D5. Let's compare Mercedes' newest with its proven rivals.
The GLC is all-new as we mentioned earlier, this also means it's the most current in terms of design and technology. The SUV gets the largest engine when compared to its rivals but isn't as powerful as the X3 and XC60 on paper. Peak torque of 400Nm is impressive, only the Volvo betters it. While the rest offer a 6,7 and 8-speed automatic transmission, the GLC gets a 9-speed unit. Only the Q5 though gets a dual-clutch system. Claimed acceleration and top seed is on par with rivals, Standard 18-inch wheels are larger than other rivals and similar to the BMW.
While the GLC is longer than the C-Class, its real rivals are similarly sized. In fact the GLC is longer than all its rivals except the X3. It's also wider than its German rivals. Despite only being available with an off-road package, the GLC is the shortest in terms of height. This along with a class-leading wheelbase is what gives the SUV a more estate-like silhouette.
The GLC weighs almost 2-tonnes making it the most heavy when compared to its rivals. While the GLC hasn't been launched yet we expect pricing to be competitive. Expect it to undercut a few of its rivals like the Audi Q5 30 TDI and Volvo XC60 D5.
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?