2017 Himalayan Odyssey flagged off from India Gate
Royal Enfield has flagged off its 14th edition of the Himalayan Odyssey from India Gate. The 2017 Himalayan Odyssey includes 61 motorcyclists which also include six women riders. All the riders will be covering a total distance of 2,400km in 18 days. The event was flagged off by Rudratej Singh, president, Royal Enfield with the lamas chanting prayers.
The participants come from all walks of life and different corners of the country that include Ernakulam, Dindigul, Calicut, Vidisha and Vellore. In two days from now, the riders are scheduled to reach Leh. They will then proceed to Khardung La on July 12. The riders will be riding through the tough terrains passing Keylong and Kaza, thereby reaching Narkanda on July 22. The entire contingent will finally arrive in Chandigarh on July 23. During the journey, the motorcyclists will experience the picturesque locals as well as peaks and mountain roads.
The Chennai-based motorcycle manufacturer has also been in news for its two upcoming launches, the fuel-injected Himalayan and its higher-displacement motorcycle which is rumoured to be a 750cc offering. Since RE has been testing this motor on the Continental GT, it is believed that a 750cc cafe racer might be in the pipeline. More importantly, the fuel-injected Himalayan is expected to reach at the dealerships sometime next month.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled