2017 Tata Nexon rolls out from Ranjangaon facility
The 2017 Tata Nexon is the most-anticipated SUV on multiple grounds. It is being seen as the game changer for Tata Motors. Secondly, it boasts a premium design along with a feature-rich cabin and new-gen engines. The Indian automobile manufacturer announced today that the Nexon SUV will be launched in this festive season. Tata Motors has rolled out the Nexon from its Ranjangaon facility. The compact SUV will start reaching dealerships in a phased manner.
The Tata Nexon will be the fourth product from the vehicle manufacturer that uses the Impact design language. The headlight units feature projector lamps and DRLs while the tail light is an LED unit. The front of the car comes with muscular bulges, but the rather quirky looking rear has a very hatchback-like look. The side profile, however, looks butch with its 200mm ground clearance and 16-inch wheels wrapped in 215-section tyres. The rising waistline and the thick C-pillar do look good, but it might reduce the visibility and make things a little claustrophobic for rear passengers. Overall, it's a funky looking design
2017 Tata Nexon: Tata Motors has gone for a more curvy profile for this one
Inside, the bits that look familiar are the steering wheel and the instrument cluster, which seem to be lifted off the Zest/Bolt. The rest is all-new with a neat dual tone finish and simple layout that isn't too crowded. Tata has used an all-new 6.5-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system, which is essentially a tablet mounted on the dash like in a Mercedes. The plastics on the dash seem to be of a good quality with a textured finish.
2017 Tata Nexon: The compact SUV comes with a premium cabin design
The 2017 Nexon SUV comes with an all-new 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine that will make 110PS at 3,750rpm and 260Nm at 1,500-2,750rpm. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. However, the company has officially said that there will also be a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol motor that is good for 110PS at 5,000rpm and 170Nm at 2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too will be available with the 6-speed manual. The engines will be manufactured at Tata's Sanand facility.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018