2017 Triumph Street Triple S to be assembled in India
The launch of the 2017 Triumph Street Triple is just around the corner, June 12 to be precise, in Delhi. A launch event in Mumbai is likely to follow on June 17. While the previous iteration of this naked-sport middle-weight was brought to the country through the CBU route, OVERDRIVE has learnt that the 2017 Triumph Street Triple will be assembled at the company's Manesar plant in Haryana. Unfortunately, this doesn't always translate to a big different in buying price to the customers, especially for Thai-sourced products. Triumph is expected to launch only the S model for now, with the R and RS models, which boast a higher specification as well as more power and torque, to follow in the coming months.
The 2017 Triumph Street Triple will be assembled at the company's Manesar plant
We expect the 2017 Triumph Street Triple S to be priced around Rs 10.75 lakh, ex-Mumbai, Rs 25,000 higher than we had estimated in our earlier article based on the new information from our sources. This puts the new bike, with a higher specification in the chassis as well as a bigger, more powerful engine, roughly Rs 1 lakh higher than the outgoing model. The S model is a 765cc triple that makes 113PS while the R gets 5PS more. The Street Triple RS is the top model with 123PS. The three 2017 Triumph Street Triple also vary on steering geometry, brake and suspension specification as well as electronics. Triumph recently confirmed that they have signed with MotoGP to be the engine supplier for the Moto2 series and the 123PS version of the Street Triple engine is going to be the engine for the series from 2019 to 2021.
The new Street Triple S is going to be about Rs 1 lakh higher than the outgoing model
Triumph India may launch the 2017 Triple S in two shades, namely red and black
In terms of aesthetics, the 2017 Triumph Street Triple gets new headlamps with LED DRLs and a tweaked rear section, much like the new-gen Speed Triple sold in the international markets. We have also learnt that the Triumph India will be launching the 2017 Triple S in two shades, namely red and black. Triumph has also worked on the handling bit of the Street by tuning the chassis. We have already ridden the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS. Read our detailed first ride review here.
Starts Rs 10,55,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far