2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has launched the Kawasaki Z900RS in India at at price of Rs 15.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The Kawasaki Z900RS takes the platform and mechanicals of the popular Kawasaki Z900 naked, packaged into a retro-styled motorcycle that looks straight out of the 1970s. The Kawasaki Z900RS, according to IKM, has been conceived as an homage to the Kawasaki Z1. The Z900RS comes powered by the same 900cc liquid-cooled inline-four as a Z900, while most other retro offerings in the category are powered by twin-cylinder engines. However, Kawasaki mentions that they have worked on this motor to make it produce more power at lower engine speeds. This one makes 111PS, compared to the 125PS of the Z900. Being a CBU built in Japan, the price is quite high, when compared to the Triumph Bonneville T120 and Triumph Thruxton R.
Kawasaki also states that the first gear has been made shorter to make it reasonably easier for new riders while the sixth gear is taller to make the motor perform smoothly on highways. The suspension duty in the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS is handled by 41mm inverted forks in the front and gas-charged shock at the rear. Spring preload, compression, and rebound damping are fully adjustable at both ends. The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS also comes with a new steel trellis frame, a new tank design, and a more upright seating position compared to that of the Z900.
Compared to the Z900, the handlebar is 30mm wider, 65mm taller and has been positioned 35mm closer to the rider. The designers have also shifted the footpegs 20mm lower and forward for a more upright riding position, as was the norm in standard motorcycles back in the day. The overall styling of the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS takes a lot of inspiration from the Z1, which can be seen with the analog cluster pods and tail section.
The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS also features traction control and two riding modes, for sporty and comfortable cruising. Brakes include a radially-mounted four-piston monoblock setup in the front. The 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS was showcased at EICMA 2017. It will be available in two paint options, candytone brown and candytone orange.
Starts Rs 7,68,000
Starts Rs 11,11,555
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign