2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched a fresh assault on the compact luxury sedan segment with its refreshed, 2018 C-Class sedan. Pricing for the car begins at Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom India) for the C 220d Prime, going up to Rs 48.5 lakh for the fully-loaded C 300d version. The car gets minor design changes overall though you cannot miss the new diamond studded grille that makes for a more upmarket presence. The grille is flanked by new LED headlamp units, while the bumper design has been revised as well. The car runs on redesigned 17-inch alloys with the option to upsize to 18-inch ones. The rear bumper gets a new design too, along with nicer looking LED tail lamps.
Changes to insides include a 12.3 inch colour instrument cluster display that can be customised to show three layouts: Classic, Sport and Progressive. There is a new 10.25 inch display on the center console as well. As usual the car carries on features like dual zone climate control, active park assist, panoramic sunroof, wireless phone charging, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Safety features include seven airbags, attention assist and adaptive braking.
The biggest change is under the hood, which is the introduction of new BS-VI compliant engines. This is the C 220 d diesel engine. The C220 d comes with a new 2.0-litre diesel motor that makes 194 PS and 440Nm of torque. It replaces the earlier 2.0-litre unit that made 170PS and 400Nm of torque.
The new C 300d meanwhile replaces the C250 d and is powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel motor as the C 200d which makes 245PS and 500Nm in this guise.
All the new motors are mated to a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
Prices for the new C-Class facelift
C 220d Prime: Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom India)
C 220d progressive: Rs 44.25 lakh (ex-showroom India)
C 300d: Rs 48.5 lakh (ex-showroom India)
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like