2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched a fresh assault on the compact luxury sedan segment with its refreshed, 2018 C-Class sedan. Pricing for the car begins at Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom India) for the C 220d Prime, going up to Rs 48.5 lakh for the fully-loaded C 300d version. The car gets minor design changes overall though you cannot miss the new diamond studded grille that makes for a more upmarket presence. The grille is flanked by new LED headlamp units, while the bumper design has been revised as well. The car runs on redesigned 17-inch alloys with the option to upsize to 18-inch ones. The rear bumper gets a new design too, along with nicer looking LED tail lamps.
Changes to insides include a 12.3 inch colour instrument cluster display that can be customised to show three layouts: Classic, Sport and Progressive. There is a new 10.25 inch display on the center console as well. As usual the car carries on features like dual zone climate control, active park assist, panoramic sunroof, wireless phone charging, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Safety features include seven airbags, attention assist and adaptive braking.
The biggest change is under the hood, which is the introduction of new BS-VI compliant engines. This is the C 220 d diesel engine. The C220 d comes with a new 2.0-litre diesel motor that makes 194 PS and 440Nm of torque. It replaces the earlier 2.0-litre unit that made 170PS and 400Nm of torque.
The new C 300d meanwhile replaces the C250 d and is powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel motor as the C 200d which makes 245PS and 500Nm in this guise.
All the new motors are mated to a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
Prices for the new C-Class facelift
C 220d Prime: Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom India)
C 220d progressive: Rs 44.25 lakh (ex-showroom India)
C 300d: Rs 48.5 lakh (ex-showroom India)
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks