2018 New York auto show: 2019 Maserati Levante Trofeo unveiled
Maserati has unveiled the Levante Trofeo at the ongoing 2018 New York Auto Show. This performance-oriented version of Maserati's SUV is powered by a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 good for 598PS and 730Nm. This makes the almost 2.2 tonne SUV get from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.9s and on to a top speed of 300 kmph. This engine is also seen in the Quattroporte sedan and is manufactured by Ferrari at Maranello, but produces 70PS and 19Nm more in this application. Other additions include a Trofeo-specific 'Corsa' driving mode with a launch-control function, 50:50 weight distribution, larger 22-inch aluminium wheels and adjustable air suspension. Prices haven't been announced yet but production is expected to start over the summer.
The exterior of the car sees a more aggressive design for the front end and grille, full-LED headlamps, functional bonnet vents, carbon-fibre side skirts and a new rear end with carbon-fibre inserts. On the inside, the Trofeo comes with carbon-fibre paddle shifters for the ZF 8-speed auto, carbon-fibre interior trim, new variant-specific graphics for the instrument cluster and a new design for the gear lever. The interior is available in red, black and tan colour options and comes with Trofeo badging all over. Additionally, the engine also gets a new carbon-fibre cover and red-painted intake manifolds. A launch edition to be sold only in the USA and Canada also gets matte paint, matte wheels, red brake callipers and interior trim to match the exterior's colour scheme.
The Maserati Levante Trofeo will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-AMG GLE63, the BMW X5M, and Range Rover Sport SVR. Maserati will be hoping the Trofeo attracts car buyers with the brand's racing pedigree and reputation of making driver's cars, along with the added functionality of an SUV.
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased