2018 New York auto show: 2019 Maserati Levante Trofeo unveiled
Maserati has unveiled the Levante Trofeo at the ongoing 2018 New York Auto Show. This performance-oriented version of Maserati's SUV is powered by a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 good for 598PS and 730Nm. This makes the almost 2.2 tonne SUV get from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.9s and on to a top speed of 300 kmph. This engine is also seen in the Quattroporte sedan and is manufactured by Ferrari at Maranello, but produces 70PS and 19Nm more in this application. Other additions include a Trofeo-specific 'Corsa' driving mode with a launch-control function, 50:50 weight distribution, larger 22-inch aluminium wheels and adjustable air suspension. Prices haven't been announced yet but production is expected to start over the summer.
The exterior of the car sees a more aggressive design for the front end and grille, full-LED headlamps, functional bonnet vents, carbon-fibre side skirts and a new rear end with carbon-fibre inserts. On the inside, the Trofeo comes with carbon-fibre paddle shifters for the ZF 8-speed auto, carbon-fibre interior trim, new variant-specific graphics for the instrument cluster and a new design for the gear lever. The interior is available in red, black and tan colour options and comes with Trofeo badging all over. Additionally, the engine also gets a new carbon-fibre cover and red-painted intake manifolds. A launch edition to be sold only in the USA and Canada also gets matte paint, matte wheels, red brake callipers and interior trim to match the exterior's colour scheme.
The Maserati Levante Trofeo will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-AMG GLE63, the BMW X5M, and Range Rover Sport SVR. Maserati will be hoping the Trofeo attracts car buyers with the brand's racing pedigree and reputation of making driver's cars, along with the added functionality of an SUV.
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350