2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP and Suzuki Gixxer SP SF launched in India, starting at Rs 87,250
Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the updated 2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP and Suzuki Gixxer SP SF in India. The Gixxer SP has been priced at Rs 87,250 and the Gixxer SP SF at Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The most notable upgrade to the bikes for this year is the addition of a single-channel ABS as standard. Other updates are two new colour options for the SP, black and dual-tone black/gold. Both bikes also get new graphics on the fuel tank and front cowl. A new SP logo completes the changes.
The motorcycles remain unchanged mechanically. This means that both are powered by a 155cc, air-cooled engine good for 14.8PS and 14Nm. A gearbox is a five-speed unit. The SP get a carbureted fuel delivery system while the SP SF is offered with fuel injection. Disc-brakes are offered at both ends.
Commenting on the launch of 2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP and Gixxer SF SP in India, Sajeev Rajasekharan, executive VP, Suzuki Motorcycle India said since its launch in India in 2014, the Gixxer brand has remained synonymous with quality, styling and performance.
He added that it is a true reflection of Suzuki's DNA in developing performance motorcycles of superior quality backed by cutting-edge technology. With the company's constant effort to maintain freshness in the Gixxer portfolio, Suzuki is quite confident that the new 2018 special edition series will also be a hit.
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 99,200
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled
- NewsNext-gen Skoda Octavia to debut in India in Q2 2021
- NewsKia Motors to launch 7 new EVs by 2027, debut new design language
- NewsProduction-spec Skoda Vision IN to get 1.0-litre TSI motor, 1.5 expected too