2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V launched in India at Rs 81,490
TVS Motor has launched the new generation Apache RTR 160 4V, priced at Rs 81,490 for base variant with carb and front disc only while the 2018 RTR 160 FI with front and rear disc is available at Rs 89,990. The carb version with front and rear discs is positioned at Rs 84,490. TVS Motor is effectively continuing with its product offensive for 2018, having recently launched its all-new Ntorq 125 scooter as also its new flagship motorcycle, the Apache RR 310 prior to that. This is in fact the first significant update to the RTR 160 4V since the motorcycle has only received a host of cosmetic updates over the years since its launch over a decade ago. The 2018 Apache RTR 160 thus boasts a sharper, sleeker design that is inspired from its elder sibling, the Apache RTR 200 4V, particularly the fuel tank, tank extensions and the exhaust. The styling is inspired by the Draken concept showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo
The 2018 Apache RTR 160 also gets the RTR 200's monoshock unit which replaces the older bike's gas charged twin shock absorbers. The bike's handling also benefits from TVS Motor's racing pedigree and the 2018 Apache RTR 160 is expected to boast sharper, sportier handling. The chassis of the new Apache RTR160 4V is based on the 165cc race RTR used in the national championship while it uses race tuned Showa suspension. TVS has done more than 3,000 laps on racetracks to develop the new RTR 160 4V
Changes to the engine have resulted in a higher output and the new Apache RTR 160 now offers 16.78PS and 14.8Nm as compared to 15.12PS and 13.03Nm earlier. TVS claims that the new RTR 160 can do 0-60kmph in 4.73s. The bike is on sale at TVS Motor dealership across the country and deliveries are expected to commence shortly.
Starts Rs 79,215
Starts Rs 81,490
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories