2019 Datsun Redi-go gets enhanced safety features, prices start at Rs 2.79 lakh
Datsun India has updated the Datsun Redi-go hatchback with new safety features, in keeping with new government norms. Prices now start at Rs 2.79 lakh for the base 0.8-litre D variant and go up to Rs 4.37 lakh for the S AMT variant.
The new standard safety kit adds driver airbag, rear parking sensors, a speed warning and seat belt reminder. An ABS and EBD system had been added earlier. The redi-go comes with two engine options, both three-cylinder petrols. The 0.8-litre unit, which returns 22.7 kmpl, makes 54PS and 72 Nm while the 1.0-litre motor puts out 68PS and 91 Nm, with a 22.5 kmpl fuel efficiency figure. The smaller motor comes only with a five-speed manual, the larger 1.0-litre can also be had with an AMT. The smaller motor is available in four variants, D, A, T and S. The 1.0-litre and AMT can be had only in the S version. The car is available in five colours, Ruby Red, Lime Green, White, Grey and Silver.
Datsun also provides a two year/unlimited kilometres standard warranty. This can be extended to up to five years and unlimited mileage. A service package is also available, bundled with the extended warranty and roadside assistance.
Hardeep Singh Brar, director of sales and commercial at Nissan India said of this development, "At Datsun, we are committed to delight the customer and enhance the customer experience. Our popular model, Datsun redi-GO now comes with various added safety features as standard which is yet another testimony of our focus to bring in progressive mobility backed by safety, technology, style and convenience."
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively