2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
Ssangyong Motors officially unveiled the images of the next generation Korando SUV which is expected to be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Korando SUV is positioned between the Ssanyong Tivoli which shares the platform and the underpinnings with the XUV300 and the Ssangyong Rexton (Mahindra Alturas G4) in the international markets.
Mahindra's equivalent for the Ssanyong Korando is the XUV500 which could be highly influenced in terms of styling and platform sharing in its next upgrade. The Ssanyong Korando is based on the extended X100 platform which underpins the Mahindra XUV300.
The upcoming Ssanyong Korando is styled very subtly than its predecessor. The grille and the air dam are sleek in design and the headlamps are full LED units. The side displays a very prominent shoulder line and rear wheel arch that was also seen on the concept car as well. The SUV is also equipped with roof rails which runs along the roof line. At the rear of the Korando, the bumper houses an aluminium finished diffuser. The tail lamps are all LED units with a wrap-around effect.
The cabin of the SUV follows the blaze design philosophy. A touch operated 10.5-inch infotainment system is flushed into the dashboard. An all-digital nine-inch instrument cluster replaces the twin pod analogue instrument cluster. The Ssanyong Korando's cabin will also have ambient lighting.
Powering the SUV will be a 1.6L diesel engine which will be mated to a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission. The power figures are expected to be shy under 130PS and 350Nm of torque.
Post the global unveiling, the next generation Ssanyong Korando is slated to be launched by mid-2019 in the Asian markets.
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparison: Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 vs RE Himalayan BS6 vs KTM 390 Adventure vs Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsHero reveals 2020 Xpulse specs
- NewsFour F1 teams to potentially drop off the grid, according to McLaren's Zak Brown
- FeaturesIndia needs drive-through Corona testing centres
- News2020 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S launched at Rs 14.69 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055