2019 Tata Altroz diesel hatchback caught testing, to take on Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Hyundai i20
Earlier this month, Tata Motors showcased the all-new hatchback, the Altroz at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. This premium offering from the company will be positioned in the segment that has seen dominance of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. The other offerings in this segment include the Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo. The Tata Altroz will be offered in both petrol and diesel along with a choice between automatic and manual transmissions.
The 2019 Tata Altroz that is seen in these spied images is the diesel model. Power for the Altoz is expected to come from a 1.2l turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5l turbocharged diesel. Tata is also expected to make available a 1.2l naturally-aspirated petrol engine to achieve a more competitive entry price point. The 1.5l diesel unit is the same as that in the Tata Nexon. Except that the state of tune might be altered to match the hachback's performance whereas the 1.2l naturally-aspirated petrol engine is the one doing duty in the Tiago.
Alongside the Altroz premium hatchback, Tata also revealed the Altroz EV at the Geneva Motor Show. Tata hasn't revealed any technical details though. Tata is also gunning for a five-star NCAP rating, which has us believe that it will have class-leading safety features too. We expect to see six airbags, adjustable head restraints, and ABS with EBD as a part of the safety kit. The Altroz is based on Tata's ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) modular architecture and is expected to spawn other body styles in the years to come. The Altroz premium hatchback will be launched in India by mid-2019, confirms Tata.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming crossover expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055