2019 Yamaha MT-03 showcased at Bangkok Motor Show - India Bound?
With the launch of the Yamaha MT-15, the Japanese bike makers have established their plans to focus on their sporty products. That said, Yamaha has showcased the MT-03 at the Bangkok Motor Show. The Yamaha MT-03 is essentially a street naked version of the Yamaha YZF-R3 which is already on sale in India.
The MT-03 is a street naked has minimum body panels. The bike carries Yamaha's previous iteration of the family design. The instrument cluster is a mix of digital and analogue design. The Yamaha MT-03 has a handlebar setup which eases' the rider's triangle and offers a relaxed riding posture in contrast to its sibling, the Yamaha YZF-R3.
The two bikes share the same mechanicals and cycle parts. The powerhouse is a 321cc liquid cooled parallel twin engine producing 42PS and 29.6Nm of torque. The bike uses a six-speed gearbox to send power to the rear wheel.
The Yamaha YZF-R3 is due an update and is expected to undergo major changes sometime in the second half of 2019. Along with the supersport there are slim chances of the 2019 Yamaha MT-03 to land in our motorcycle market and rival the BMW G310R and the KTM 390 Duke.
Starts Rs 2,48,931
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 3,50,180
- NewsExclusive: Volkwagen Tiguan Allspace spied in India
- NewsKTM 390 Adventure and Husqvarna India Unveil Live Updates - Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsVolkswagen Nivus Subcompact Crossover teased, to be launched in Brazil in 2020
- NewsOur motorsport editor Vaishali Dinakaran wins second consecutive Peugeot Motorsport Cup awarded by the Guild of Motoring Writers
- NewsNissan to continue selling Datsun cars in India, South Africa and Pakistan