2020 Ducati Monster 1200 S unveiled internationally
The 2020 Ducati Monster 1200 S has been unveiled and for the updated model, Ducati has decided to go dark - That just limited to the paint scheme! The new theme is called 'Black on Black'. As the name suggests, the new Monster 1200 S gets a combination of gloss and matte black. Also, the chaps at Bologna, Italy have tastefully accentuated the beefy front forks in gold and red highlights on the alloys.
The tank gets the gloss finish for the first half and the matte for the latter. The tank sports the Monster badging in red and complimenting the same is the red stitching on the seat. The motorcycle's frame gets black treatment and so does the rear cowl. And if the motorcycle is sinfull black for you, Ducati continues to offer the 2020 Monster 1200 S in the classic red.
Though mechanically the Monster 1200 S stays the same. Power is sourced from a 1198cc Testastretta 11 degree L-twin engine. The engine puts out 149PS at 9,250rpm and 124 at 7,750rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox. Cycle parts include 48mm Ohlins upside-down forks and a monoshock in the rear. Also, radially mounted Brembo M50 callipers.
For rider's aid, the Ducati 1200 S has cornering ABS (antilock braking system), traction control and wheelie control. Ducati also offers different ride modes on the motorcycle.
In the past, Ducati India has offered the Monster 1200 via a CBU route. We can hope this time the Indian market gets a more pocket-friendly CKD route - fingers crossed!
Starts Rs 15,30,000
Starts Rs 22,70,000
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block