2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
Volvo Cars has taken the covers off its first fully electric car, the 2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge. This is the first in a line of five EVs the Swedish brand will launch in as many years, one each year, with the aim of making all-electric cars account for 50 per cent of global sales by 2025.
The XC40 Recharge looks almost identical to the standard car, save for the new body-coloured fascia in place of the grille. On the inside, the new additon is Volvo's new Android-based infotainment system. There are Recharges badges all around and the charging port replaces the traditional fuel filler.
The XC40 Recharge is powered by two electric motors, one on each axle for a combined 408PS and 660 Nm output. This is fed by a 78kWh battery placed under the floor of the SUV. The XC40 Recharge can cover 400 km in a full charge. The battery charges to 80 % of its capacity in 40 mins on a fast-charger system.
This is a big step in Volvo's plan for plug-in hybrid cars to make up 20 per cent of total sales in 2020. The electric XC40 also debuts Volvo On Call, the firm's suite of connected car tech. Further, Volvo is given one year of free electricity to owners of the XC40 Recharge internationally in a bid to spur acceptance of EVs
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know
- NewsAll-new Triumph Tiger 900 Rally and GT to be unveiled on December 3