700PS+ Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 teased, goes on sale in 2019
Ford will be unveiling the all-new Mustang Shelby GT500 in the coming weeks. However, the American car manufacturer has revealed a teaser image of the upcoming muscle car that displays its overall proportions. The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will arrive at international dealerships in 2019 as a 2020 model and will compete with the likes of Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.
The upcoming Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will be offered in the iconic Shelby blue with racing stripes.
It is being said that the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will be powered by a supercharged 5.2-litre V8 that is speculated to produce around 700PS, Also, the GT500's motor will come equipped with a more conventional 90-degree crankshaft unlike the flat-plane crankshaft that comes in the 5.2-liter V8 offered in the GT350. Also, if Ford will be offering the new 10-speed automatic transmission or the 7-speed DCT, is something that will be confirmed when Ford finally unveils the Mustang Shelby GT500.
Ford has been testing the Mustang Shelby GT500 and camouflaged test mules have been spotted on various occasions. The teaser image of the Mustang Shelby GT500 shows the popular Shelby blue paint job with dual white racing stripes. This one comes with a huge vent on the hood along with larger fenders with unique louvers on the front and also a more prominent rear wing. From the teaser images, it can be seen that the upcoming offering gets an imposing grille and a large front splitter.
And if the above is too modern for you, Custom performance vehicle manufacturer Shelby American has announced that it will offer a continuation model of the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. This model is based on the original 1967 Ford Mustang.
Source: Motor Trend
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show