Auto Expo 2018: Kia Motors to debut with India-specific Kia SP Concept SUV
Kia Motors India has announced that it will make its debut at the Auto Expo 2018 with an India-specific SUV, the Kia SP Concept. The Kia SP Concept is a compact SUV that Kia Motors is developing for the Indian market, and it will make its global debut at the Auto Expo on February 7, 2018. Along with the Kia SP Concept, Kia Motors will also showcase 16 of its global models at the Auto Expo. Kia will exhibit its electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids, and a range of other cars including the new Stinger GT sports sedan which we have already driven. From the teaser images shared, the Kia SP Concept SUV follows the Kia Motors house design lines, and has a two-tone paint job with the roof painted in white.
Speaking about Kia Motors' plans for India, its president Han-Woo Park said, "All of us at Kia Motors are extremely proud to take our first steps into one of world's largest automotive markets. And we are here to build more than just great cars. We aim to set a new standard in the Indian auto industry." Kia Motors India is quickly setting up its base here, with the recent appointments of a new MD and CEO, as well as heads of marketing and sales.
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut