Auto Expo 2018: The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift is launching today!
The showstopper on day 2 of the 2018 Auto Expo will be the Maruti Suzuki Swift, easily the most popular hatchback in the country. After nearly a year of its international reveal at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show the all-new, third generation Swift will finally go on sale in India today. OVERDRIVE will be present at the price announcement press conference of the new Swift and we should be able to bring you the full price list shortly post noon. We have driven the all-new Swift already though and we can confirm to you that the new Swift is indeed a significant upgrade over its predecessor in terms of space, comfort, equipment and a lot more.
The 2018 Maruti Swift will go on sale today and is the most anticipated car this year already
Just to remind you, the new generation Swift is powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines and before and thus outputs are the same at 84PS/113Nm and 75PS/190Nm. That said, we expect Maruti to launch a sportier, more powerful Swift RS in the near future, borrowing the three-cylinder 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the Baleno RS. Maruti Suzuki opened bookings for the new Swift across the nation last month and expectedly, the car is commanding a waiting period already. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will be bringing you live updates from the launch press conference at noon.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Baja Designs XL80 auxiliary lights
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead