Auto Expo 2018: The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift is launching today!
The showstopper on day 2 of the 2018 Auto Expo will be the Maruti Suzuki Swift, easily the most popular hatchback in the country. After nearly a year of its international reveal at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show the all-new, third generation Swift will finally go on sale in India today. OVERDRIVE will be present at the price announcement press conference of the new Swift and we should be able to bring you the full price list shortly post noon. We have driven the all-new Swift already though and we can confirm to you that the new Swift is indeed a significant upgrade over its predecessor in terms of space, comfort, equipment and a lot more.
The 2018 Maruti Swift will go on sale today and is the most anticipated car this year already
Just to remind you, the new generation Swift is powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines and before and thus outputs are the same at 84PS/113Nm and 75PS/190Nm. That said, we expect Maruti to launch a sportier, more powerful Swift RS in the near future, borrowing the three-cylinder 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the Baleno RS. Maruti Suzuki opened bookings for the new Swift across the nation last month and expectedly, the car is commanding a waiting period already. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will be bringing you live updates from the launch press conference at noon.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed