Auto Expo 2018: The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift is launching today!
The showstopper on day 2 of the 2018 Auto Expo will be the Maruti Suzuki Swift, easily the most popular hatchback in the country. After nearly a year of its international reveal at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show the all-new, third generation Swift will finally go on sale in India today. OVERDRIVE will be present at the price announcement press conference of the new Swift and we should be able to bring you the full price list shortly post noon. We have driven the all-new Swift already though and we can confirm to you that the new Swift is indeed a significant upgrade over its predecessor in terms of space, comfort, equipment and a lot more.
The 2018 Maruti Swift will go on sale today and is the most anticipated car this year already
Just to remind you, the new generation Swift is powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines and before and thus outputs are the same at 84PS/113Nm and 75PS/190Nm. That said, we expect Maruti to launch a sportier, more powerful Swift RS in the near future, borrowing the three-cylinder 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the Baleno RS. Maruti Suzuki opened bookings for the new Swift across the nation last month and expectedly, the car is commanding a waiting period already. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will be bringing you live updates from the launch press conference at noon.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery