Bajaj Chetak: Top five facts you should know
Bajaj Chetak, a very familiar name for Indians. However, we remember it as a lay man's commuter from the late 80s and 90s. Decades later, Bajaj has turned their attention to the scooter market and the brand name has made a comeback.
Yes, Bajaj has unveiled the Chetak and is will be rolled out of factory by early next year. Expected to be priced aggressively, Bajaj Chetak will step in the India market alongside Ather 450 that already retails at Rs 1.22 lakh Chennai. As the Ather 450, Bajaj Chetak is also expected to get a cut in GST, courtesy - FAME-II.
Here are the top five facts you should know about the Bajaj Chetak
1. Bajaj Chetak now uses an electric drivetrain (IP67 rated Lithium-Ion battery i.e waterproof) as opposed to a conventional internal combustion engine.
2. Bajaj has ditched the switches for horn, ignitions, headlamp and indicator controls and has gone ahead with feather-touch buttons for controls.
3. The instrument cluster is all digital and displays speed, range, remaining charge and other essentials.
4. The new Chetak can be charged using a standard household 5-15 amp electrical outlet. Additionally, a home charging station is available at an additional cost.
5. Bajaj Chetak will first be launched in Pune and Bengaluru and then will be extended to other cities of India.
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055