Bajaj Chetak: Top five facts you should know
Bajaj Chetak, a very familiar name for Indians. However, we remember it as a lay man's commuter from the late 80s and 90s. Decades later, Bajaj has turned their attention to the scooter market and the brand name has made a comeback.
Yes, Bajaj has unveiled the Chetak and is will be rolled out of factory by early next year. Expected to be priced aggressively, Bajaj Chetak will step in the India market alongside Ather 450 that already retails at Rs 1.22 lakh Chennai. As the Ather 450, Bajaj Chetak is also expected to get a cut in GST, courtesy - FAME-II.
Here are the top five facts you should know about the Bajaj Chetak
1. Bajaj Chetak now uses an electric drivetrain (IP67 rated Lithium-Ion battery i.e waterproof) as opposed to a conventional internal combustion engine.
2. Bajaj has ditched the switches for horn, ignitions, headlamp and indicator controls and has gone ahead with feather-touch buttons for controls.
3. The instrument cluster is all digital and displays speed, range, remaining charge and other essentials.
4. The new Chetak can be charged using a standard household 5-15 amp electrical outlet. Additionally, a home charging station is available at an additional cost.
5. Bajaj Chetak will first be launched in Pune and Bengaluru and then will be extended to other cities of India.
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- OpinionIs the Government of India unfair to the auto industry?
- News2020 Mahindra Thar to be launched on October 2, 2020
- NewsMercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV to be launched in India on October 8
- NewsKTM RC series gets new colours, prices remain unchanged
- NewsSuzuki V-Strom 160 adventure motorcycle in works?