BREAKING: Ford EcoSport 1.5-litre Dragon petrol to get 6-speed MT, will not replace 5-speed MT
Ford India will be soon adding more features to its popular offering, the EcoSport. The new features include sunroof, smoked headlights, blackened grille with DRLs and larger and swanky looking alloy wheels, similar to the one sold in the international markets. And now we at OVERDRIVE have also learnt that Ford India will be introducing a 6-speed manual transmission on the all-new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder Dragon petrol engine.
Importantly, Ford India will be adding the 6-speed MT and not replacing the 5-speed MT that is already on offer on the petrol variants of the EcoSport. The 6-speed MT petrol offering will target more towards the driving enthusiasts looking for a sportier performance. Understandably, the 6-speed MT petrol might not be a volumes earner for Ford but there does exist a substantial number that Ford wants to tap in with this new update.
The Dragon motor that was introduced in the new EcoSport makes 123PS and generates 150Nm of torque. This motor can comes with a 5-speed transmission as standard or an optional 6-speed automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel continues to make 100PS/205Nm and comes mated with a 5-speed manual unit. We have already driven the 2018 Ford EcoSport, click here to read about our first drive experience.
We believe that Ford India might launch the 6-speed MT version of the EcoSport sometime next month, perhaps with the cosmetic update. The Ford EcoSport competes with the likes of the Tata Nexon that also comes with 6-speed MT on both petrol and diesel and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. In our comparison of the three, it was the new Ford EcoSport that emerged as the overall winner.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000