BSVI-compliant Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV launched in India at Rs 7.54 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the BSVI-compliant version of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV in India at a starting price of Rs 7.54 lakh, ex-showroom. This is for the base LXi trim, the top-spec ZXi automatic version will now RS 10.55 lakh. This means that prices have gone up by Rs 10,000 to Rs 55,000.
The BSVI Ertiga, as expected, is available with a single petrol motor. This is the 1.5-litre K15B motor, reworked to meet the norms and putting out 105PS/ 138Nm. This also comes with a smart hybrid set-up which adds start/stop and a mild torque fill functionality. This motor comes paired with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic.
Other than this, there are no stylistic or features changes to the MPV. The Ertiga has been a very good seller for Maruti Suzuki, over 61,000 units have been sold since the car debuted last year. To keep interest up, the company has kept expanding the Ertiga line-up. It recently launched a fleet focused Tour M version and one with a CNG powerplant. Further, the company is working on a more upmarket six-seater derivative, called the XL6. This will be sold through the Nexa chain and is set to debut on August 21.
Also see: The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a matured people-carrier | First Drive Review
Also see: 2018 Mahindra Marazzo First Drive review | Details, specifications and price
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders