Scoop: 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift to be offered only with 1.3L diesel motor
It has been sometime that Maruti Suzuki has been testing the facelifted S-Cross in India. While the launch is expected to happen in the last week of September, dealerships across India have already started accepting bookings for the new iteration. We at OVERDRIVE have now learnt that Maruti Suzuki will be discontinuing the 1.6-litre diesel motor and instead will offer the facelift only with the 1.3-litre diesel motor.
Presently, the Maruti Suzuki dealerships located across the country have already stopped taking orders for the 1.6-litre diesel version owing to its low demand. Our sources claim that the automobile manufacturer has stopped production of this version and are only selling the remaining units that are in stock with the dealerships. The 1.3-litre motor might be offered in the same state of tune as the present. There are also reports of a new petrol motor that might be offered in the S-Cross facelift, will help target a wider audience.
The 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift that was launched in the international markets gets a busier looking front with aggressive bits. This can be seen with the new headlights and the larger chrome treated grille. Even the bumper has got more contours, giving a stronger profile. The side and the rear does look reminiscent of what we have seen in the existing model. Inside, the cabin is expected to get premium additions in the form of new trims and an updated layout. Similar to the new age Maruti Suzuki cars, the 2017 S-Cross facelift too will come equipped with Car Play and Android Auto connectivity options.
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa