Scoop: 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift to be offered only with 1.3L diesel motor
It has been sometime that Maruti Suzuki has been testing the facelifted S-Cross in India. While the launch is expected to happen in the last week of September, dealerships across India have already started accepting bookings for the new iteration. We at OVERDRIVE have now learnt that Maruti Suzuki will be discontinuing the 1.6-litre diesel motor and instead will offer the facelift only with the 1.3-litre diesel motor.
Presently, the Maruti Suzuki dealerships located across the country have already stopped taking orders for the 1.6-litre diesel version owing to its low demand. Our sources claim that the automobile manufacturer has stopped production of this version and are only selling the remaining units that are in stock with the dealerships. The 1.3-litre motor might be offered in the same state of tune as the present. There are also reports of a new petrol motor that might be offered in the S-Cross facelift, will help target a wider audience.
The 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift that was launched in the international markets gets a busier looking front with aggressive bits. This can be seen with the new headlights and the larger chrome treated grille. Even the bumper has got more contours, giving a stronger profile. The side and the rear does look reminiscent of what we have seen in the existing model. Inside, the cabin is expected to get premium additions in the form of new trims and an updated layout. Similar to the new age Maruti Suzuki cars, the 2017 S-Cross facelift too will come equipped with Car Play and Android Auto connectivity options.
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP