First-ever plug-in hybrid Skoda Octavia RS iV debuts globally
Skoda Auto has unveiled the next-generation Skoda Octavia RS internationally. But unlike the previous generations of the hot hatch, this version is the first to feature electrification, as denoted by its iV suffix. The 2020 Skoda Octavia RS iV pairs a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol motor with a 13kWh lithium battery pack.
The petrol motor makes 150PS while the electric motor makes 85kW or 116PS. This allows for a combined output of 245PS and 400Nm put down through a 6-speed DSG. All of the 330Nm that the e-motor makes is available from standstill, allowing the RS iV to get from 0 to 100kmph in 7.3 s and on to a 225kmph top-speed. The RS iV electric-only range is 60km as per the WLTP cycle. The Octavia RS iV features a sharper steering set-up and sportier suspension in keeping with the RS theme.
As with the previous Octavia RS model, the new RS iV gets a host of visual distinctions over the standard Octavia. There are new fog lights and unique 18-inch alloy wheels, there are 19-inch wheels available as an option. Also new is the black colour scheme for the grille, front apron, front bumper elements, rear spoiler, diffuser and window frames. The all-black theme carries over to the inside as well, like in previous Octavia RS models. Here the new car gets Alcantara trim with red highlights. There are RS logos on the seats and steering wheel, the optional Ergo seats come with Alcantara and leather upholstery as well as seat-depth adjustment.
There is no word yet on when the 2020 Skoda Octavia RS iV launches globally, but expect it to come to India in the next couple of years. Skoda India has launched the previous-gen Octavia RS245 as of March 1, prices of which start at Rs 35.99 lakh.
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsMahendra Singh Dhoni's automobile collection: From a Mahindra tractor, ex-army offroader to a superfast SUV and more
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block